It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sharing RTC licences between two servers.

Marinept Villalobos (472131) | asked Mar 14 '16, 9:28 a.m.
Hello,
Is it possible to use a single server for two separated servers (instances) of JTS/RTC, and share the licences between both of them?
Or is it possible to use a single JTS server with two RTC instances?
We have floating licences and assigned licences to certain users.

Thanks for your feedback.

Comments
Nate Decker commented Mar 14 '16, 10:26 a.m.

Yes this is possible. We do this in our environment. We have a staging server where we do our development and we have a production server where we deploy all of our finished configuration changes. On both servers we have WebSphere tied to LDAP authentication. WebSphere imports new users from the LDAP repository and assigns default JazzUser licenses to those LDAP users.

I don't know all of the implementation details because I didn't set it up, but it is certainly doable.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 14 '16, 12:56 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, for floating licenses, you can declare a license server other than the JTS itself, so you can have as many JTS clusters handled by the same license server.   You specify the floating license server machine on the License Key Management tab of the JTS Server Administration page.   You can also specify a Rational Common Licensing server, if you want to use token licenses, or want to use the same license server for Jazz floating licenses and non-Jazz  licenses.
Marinept Villalobos selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Mar 14 '16, 10:19 a.m.
Hi Marinept,

Please find the below blog and let me know if you still have any questions.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/nfrsblog/entry/clm_license_server_idle_standby_deployment?lang=en

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Marinept Villalobos commented Mar 14 '16, 10:57 a.m.

I'm guessing this option is not for two active servers, isn't it?

Thanks for the feedback

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.