It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deploy Custom Plugin for CCM on Websphere Application Server doen't work, but is full functionality onTOMCAT

Julia Busto (611) | asked Jul 20 '14, 10:52 p.m.
Hi all!
I have a custom plugin made by me. This plugin  works very well on Tomcat server in my local environment, but when I deployed on CCM over Websphere Application Server it doesn't work.
I followed the steps defined in https://jazz.net/library/article/1000. My plugin is of type OperationAdvisor.
I'm very confused because this test plugin http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/rtc-update-parent-duration-estimation-and-effort-participant/ doesn't work on WAS either.
Additional Info:
  1)  I put the profile file in conf\ccm\provision_profiles and is full referenced to conf\ccm\sites
  2) The step "Request Server Reset" and shutdown the CCM application completes full and no errors.
  3) The step to upload plugin it's OK, and no errors find.

Thanks in Advanced!!!
Agustina.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 21 '14, 2:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Julia,

I did not test on WAS, however, the steps should be the same and it should work. I know others have done this on WAS. Are there any indicators in the log files?

What does not work mean? Does it not show up in the behavior configuration?

sam detweiler commented Jul 21 '14, 8:13 a.m.

note that sometimes u have to restart eclipse as well to verify that the plugin was installed.

I assume that both RTC's are the same version.. and that your plugin dependencies have a version check on them (seen in manifest.mf). if any version doesn't match, the plugin does not load, silently.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered May 24 '16, 7:05 a.m.
As mentioned above, the steps and locations are exactly the same, based on the install folder for RTC/CCM.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Govindaraj Ponnusamy commented May 24 '16, 7:31 a.m. | edited May 24 '16, 7:50 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I don't find the folder structure conf\ccm\provision_profile and conf\ccm\sites in the Websphere Application folder structure.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Regards,

Govindaraj.

Ralph Schoon commented May 24 '16, 7:54 a.m.

If you follow the extension workshop, you notice that the conf\ccm\provision_profile folder is in the INSTALL FOLDER (in WAS referred to as JAZZ_HOME) of the ccm application NOT in the application server folder structure.

This is basically the same situation like in a Tomcat, WAS Liberty setup. The conf folders are in the InstallFolder/server/ folder which is not related to the location of the application server.

2 other answers

permanent link
Govindaraj Ponnusamy (116) | answered May 24 '16, 7:00 a.m.
 Hi All,

I have created one custom plugin in the Jazz team server, it is working fine. But in our production environment we're having WAS server. I would like to know the the step by step procedure to deploy the custom plugins or where we need to place the provision_profiles and sites folder (features, plugins) in the WAS folder structure.

Thanks in advanced.
Govindaraj.

permanent link
Govindaraj Ponnusamy (116) | answered May 25 '16, 1:19 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

It is working fine. Thanks a lot.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.