It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Insight 1.1.1.4 setup fails at Build and Deploy Reporting Components

Satya Shukla (346) | asked Jul 18 '14, 3:38 a.m.
edited Jul 18 '14, 5:09 a.m.
Hi
I am trying to setup Insight 1.1.1.4 on Windows 7 with
WAS 8.5
DB2 Server 10.5  - 64 bit
DB2 Server runtime client  10.5 32 bit
CLM 5.0

Following is the database setup ad user privileges

All CLM databases, RICM and RIDW have DBADM priviledge for db2admin, rptuser and etl_user
all these users are created in local OS  and member of Administrator and DB2ADMIN group
On the step one of the Insight setup wizard I have pointed to the DB2 JDBC files from 32bit installation
Tried this setup multiple times and getting error on

Deploying the EAR file to the specified application server...

The reporting components could not be deployed due to an error.
  • Adding Rational Reporting style files to the reporting components...
  • Packaging the reporting components as an EAR file...
  • Updating the report server configuration...
  • Deploying the EAR file to the specified application server...
  • Waiting for the report server to initialize and set the Rational Reporting style...
  • Configuring user access for the report server...
The reporting components could not be deployed due to an error.
hide details
com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.common.RRDIBIServerException: CRRRA2083E: Cannot connect to the report server.

Log Entry in rrdi_setup.log reads

com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.DeployCognosToWASStepService: Entering deployCognosStep5
07/18/2014 12:43:53,248 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.resources.ResourceService : CRRRA0137I: Loading the model
07/18/2014 12:43:53,298 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.resources.ResourceService : CRRRA0139I: Loaded the model
07/18/2014 12:43:53,917 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.resources.ResourceService : CRRRA0137I: Loading the model
07/18/2014 12:43:53,924 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.resources.ResourceService : CRRRA0139I: Loaded the model
07/18/2014 12:43:54,068 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.resources.DWConnectionService : CRRRA0116I: No dw connection is found.
07/18/2014 12:43:54,337 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.resources.ResourceService : CRRRA0137I: Loading the model
07/18/2014 12:43:54,341 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.resources.ResourceService : CRRRA0139I: Loaded the model
07/18/2014 12:43:55,156 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.service.WasDeploymentService : CRRRA2038I: Connect to the report server.
07/18/2014 12:44:07,316 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.contents.impl.SetupContentImpl : CRRRA3006E: Unable to connect to the report server with the specified URL, namespace, and credentials.
07/18/2014 12:44:07,317 ERROR com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.service.WasDeploymentService : Exit WasDeploymentService.executeWasCognosConfigurationStep4 with exception
07/18/2014 12:44:07,317 ERROR com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.DeployCognosToWASStepService : com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.common.RRDIBIServerException: CRRRA2083E: Cannot connect to the report server.
com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.common.RRDIBIServerException: CRRRA2083E: Cannot connect to the report server.
    at com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.service.WasDeploymentService.executeWasCognosConfigurationStep4(WasDeploymentService.java:1039)
    at com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.DeployCognosToWASStepService.deployCognosStep5(DeployCognosToWASStepService.java:741)
    at com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.DeployCognosToWASStepService.handleActions(DeployCognosToWASStepService.java:212)
    at com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.AbstractStepService.doPost(AbstractStepService.java:222)
    at com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.DeployCognosToWASStepService.doPost(DeployCognosToWASStepService.java:230)
    at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.servlet.AppContainerServlet.dispatchRequest(AppContainerServlet.java:176)
    at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.servlet.AppContainerServlet.service(AppContainerServlet.java:281)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.service(ServletRegistration.java:61)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:126)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:76)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge.BridgeServlet.service(BridgeServlet.java:120)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.JazzServlet.service(JazzServlet.java:68)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.BridgeFilter.processDelegate(BridgeFilter.java:133)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.BridgeFilter.doFilter(BridgeFilter.java:154)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
    at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
    at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:309)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:987)
    at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:579)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:309)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)
07/18/2014 12:44:07,476 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.DeployCognosToWASStepService : com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.DeployCognosToWASStepService: Entering deployCognosStep5

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jul 18 '14, 6:41 a.m.
edited Jul 18 '14, 6:44 a.m.
Hello Satya,

this looks like a Websphere defect:

PM60915: EAREXPANDER BREAKS THE SIGNATURE OF SIGNED JAR FILES
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PM60915

If your WAS 8.5 is the base version, you might want to upgrade it to 8.5.0.1: WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Fix Pack 1.

Note: if the error persist after you upgrade WAS, you might have to delete and recreate the profile you use for Insight.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Satya Shukla selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jul 18 '14, 5:35 a.m.
Hello Satya,

"Cannot connect to the report server." error usually means there is something wrong with the Cognos application.

I suggest the following:
  1. Try logging in to the RRDI Web UI to see if it's up and running
  2. Check [Insight_installation_directory]/cognos/logs/cogserver.log for errors

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Satya Shukla commented Jul 18 '14, 5:58 a.m.

Thanks Francesco for response
I could not find Coserver.log in the specified location
However can see multiple errors in SystemErr.log  and SystemOut.login WAS profile logs

7/18/14 12:44:07:055 IST] 00000069 webapp        E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp logServletError SRVE0293E: [Servlet Error]-[dispatcher]: java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
    at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.processImpl(SignatureFileVerifier.java:241)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.