It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to specify the work item type and Colour pallet in the viewlet 'Work Item Statistics' in a project dashboard template?

Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | asked Jul 14 '14, 10:19 p.m.
One of our customer wants to modify the Widget viewlet 'Work Item Statistics' in a project dashboard template.

How can I specify the work item type is 'task' only in the Parameter?
How can I specify a value in the Colour Palette? viewlet 1

viewlet 2
I referred to this https://jazz.net/forum/questions/119315/dashboard-template. but it was not clear to me.

Comments
Taki Nakajo commented Jul 16 '14, 5:54 p.m.

Does anyone know about it?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 20 '14, 11:37 p.m.
With a bit of experiment, I found out that the color palette value is in JSON format. So it looks like this:
{"severity.literal.l1":{"label":"Unclassified","colour":"#ffffff"},"severity.literal.l2":{"label":"Minor","colour":"#ffffde"},"severity.literal.l3":{"label":"Normal","colour":"#e5dab8"},"severity.literal.l4":{"label":"Major","colour":"#ffcccc"},"severity.literal.l5":{"label":"Critical","colour":"#df7f7f"},"severity.literal.l6":{"label":"Blocker","colour":"#b36b6b"}}
The easiest way to get this JSON presentation is to customize the widget in the RTC web GUI and then export it. You will find the JSON content in the exported text.

Taki Nakajo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Taki Nakajo commented Jul 21 '14, 12:31 a.m.

I have verified it works, thanks. 

One other answer

permanent link
Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | answered Jul 20 '14, 9:05 p.m.
About the Colour Palette, If I put Defect: #f50722 in the value, it results in the error in the Work Item Statistics viewlet in a dashboard. How to specify a value in the Colour Palette?

color
error

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.