It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Limit query results on a Team Dashboard to that team?

Mike Shkolnik (9808160143) | asked Mar 11 '13, 2:50 p.m.
I would like to display query results on a team dashboard that relate to that team. I can't do "current user" because someone not on the team might view the dashboard. Is there any way to do this without creating a duplicate query for each team?

2 answers

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Mar 11 '13, 6:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Not that I'm aware of. The current query variables relate to the state of the project/session (e.g., current iteration, current user) but not their "container" (e.g., team area that owns this dashboard, if the query is being run from a dashboard widget). 

There is an enhancement filed for this functionality: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=220138

Would this get close enough for now? Create a query where you specify the Team Area but set the value to be provided at run time. When the query is added to the dashboard, it asks you to choose the value. Now you can add the same query to multiple dashboards and the Team Area to query for will be set during widget configuration. Not quite where you were headed but might get the job done for now.

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808160143) | answered Mar 11 '13, 6:28 p.m.
That sounds great, thanks. Hopefully that will make it into a plan sooner rather than later.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.