It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to point the indices to a new location - what needs to be changed

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Jun 25 '14, 5:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 25 '14, 5:29 p.m.
I am working with a team that wants to move their indices  for RTC/RRC 4.0.3 to a shared location on a file system (rather than having them on the same disk area as the application.

I know I have to change the settings on teamserver.properties, and want to confirm if both these locations needs to be changed:

com.ibm.team.jfs.index.root.directory=C\:/IBM/JazzTeamServer406DB2/server/conf/jts/indices

com.ibm.team.fulltext.indexLocation=C\:/IBM/JazzTeamServer406DB2/server/conf/jts/indices/workitemindex

Also - can we refer to the file location via a mapped drive (for example g:\....) or can we use a share (for example \\servername\C\IBM....)

We are running on Windows Server 2008

many thanks

anthony

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 25 '14, 5:38 p.m.
I don't know the specific answer, but in one of my prior companies we did use shared volume for the indexes and had no end of trouble. we eventually moved them back to local storage.

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Jun 25 '14, 5:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sam

Ouch - that does not sound good.  Anything specific that went wrong?

anthony

sam detweiler commented Jun 25 '14, 5:59 p.m.

we continually lost contact for some update and the indexes were out of synch.
once out of synch, the system goes non-functional as all search uses the indexes..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.