It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I add line breaks in Doors NG string attributes?

Christian Winkler (1321623) | asked Jun 02 '15, 9:42 a.m.
Hello!

I am using Doors Next 5.0.2.
When I use string attributes I can't see and can't enter line breaks in the module view.
In the right side bar, I can add and see line breaks in edit mode.

But even when I added a line break via sidebar, it is not shown in the module view. And when I enter the edit mode inside the module (with pencil) the line break is shown.

I am doing something wrong or is it a topic for enhancements or even a bug?
(Where to put DNG enhancements?)
But I am not looking for rich text support in attributes, like this enhancement:
https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=58073

Thanks for help!

Christian

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Jun 03 '15, 1:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Christian,

I found the following defect that says "String is defined as a single line of plain text.  No rich formatting, no new lines."
Defect 66919: String Attributes - Pressing enter within a string attribute in the module grid does not create a new line

So it looks like entering new lines for string attributes would be an enhancement.  I suggest filing a request for enhancement in the IBM RFE Community if you'd like to see the feature.  You can select Requirements Composer for the product.

I hope this helps.

Christian Winkler selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Christian Winkler commented Jun 08 '15, 4:45 a.m.

Philipp Waldinger commented Nov 02 '16, 1:21 p.m. | edited Nov 02 '16, 1:23 p.m.

I just noticed that in 6.0.3 M6, attributes with datatype String can contain line breaks and more than 2010 characters (which was the limit before), and line breaks are properly displayed in the module view!

So this request seems to be implemented with the upcoming release 6.0.3...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.