It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to duplicate an asset but not its relationships

Allen Earnest (6212337) | asked Jun 24 '14, 10:30 a.m.
Greetings All,

When a user duplicates an asset, it is their responsibility to clean up any unneeded relationships or other content that they do not want on the new asset.  Problem is that sometimes users forget to do this, and it can create a mess of tangled relationships between assets that aren't truly related.

Is there a way to delete relationships on the new asset when the duplicate/version feature is used?  I suppose a custom policy could do it, but how do you trigger a policy for the duplicate action?

Thanks for any help!

Comments
Allen Earnest commented Jun 24 '14, 10:41 a.m.

The more I think about it, a custom policy seems to be an ugly way to solve this problem.  Assuming I could write a custom policy to delete old relationships, where would I call it from?  How would it tell the difference between a "duplicate" action and something else, such as a retire/restore action?

Looking for any solution rght now, but hopefully there's something simple and straightforward available.

Thoughts? 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.