It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Resources already shared seem to still be locked

Jose Miguel Ordax Cassa (2.4k4126100) | asked Jun 15 '14, 5:32 a.m.
Using RSA Design Manager 4.0.6 and RSA 9.0
User 1 start to work adding some new elements to a package. So the package is locked. Once he has finished, he shares all the changes (I understand it is like a deliver in RTC)  and the locks visually disappears.
User 2 starts his RSA and connects to the project. First of all, he doesn't see the new elements (although connected to the same workspace). And if he tries to create a new element in the package the tools says it is locked. ¿?

User 1 can see perfectly the new elements, but he doesn't see any lock or any ChangeSet remaining to be shared.
If User 1 goes to Change Configuration app (/vvc) and explore the workspace he doesn't see the shared ChangeSet.

What am I doing wrong?
How can I find the "lost" ChangeSet?
Why if User 1 and 2 are connected to the same workspace at Design Manager, the first one see the new elements but the second one doesn't? Why are the elements locked if they were shared and the tool doesn't show the locked messages?

Thanks in advance,

Chemi.

Comments
Jose Miguel Ordax Cassa commented Jun 16 '14, 6:28 a.m.

I think I was able to reproduce the problem.
It is related to: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/155435/javaioioexception-stream-already-consumed

After I get that problem commented in the above forum question, the ChangeSet is created anyway. But something has gone wrong. If I share the ChangeSet, in the Design View all locks dissapear but... they remain there as commented in the question and I didn't find any way to show them and unlock them. If I browse those elements  from the web a message says the component is locked from a different client or in a different context.

Regards,

Chemi.

Taly Hotimsky commented May 07 '15, 9:13 p.m.

Were you able to find a workaround for this?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.