It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a capability to work with local copy of designs? Also is diconnected mode available?

Bipul Sarma (30179) | asked Jul 20 '12, 12:59 a.m.
Don Yantzi provided a demo of Design Manager to a group of Architects.

Watching the demo it seems there is some latency working back and forth to the server. If I have to do a lot of modeling would it make sense to pull the model down to RSA, work a bunch of changes then somehow check it all back in?

that would apply to disconnected mode and focused modeling.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yantzi (33644) | answered Jul 20 '12, 1:47 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Bipul,

DM managed projects (where DM manages the model changes instead of importing them from an SCM that manages the changes) are online only. There is no working disconnected support. We have an enhancement to support export and import of parts of the model that would allow this.

If disconnected mode is a requirement then you would need to externally managed DM projects and import from the SCM.

With regards to the latency, we are working to reduce the latency as much as possible. I used for the demo was M9 which is a milestone and not a released product. The team is continuing to focus on performance improvements and I'd encourage you to open any defects where you notice unacceptable performance issues.

Don.
Bipul Sarma selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ricky Fielding commented Jul 11 '13, 6:21 p.m. | edited Jul 11 '13, 6:31 p.m.

Don,

What is the status of the enhancement you mention?  Is there a work item for it that I could subscribe to?

Is it this one: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=102252?

Ricky

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.