It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What interaction betwixt Timelines, iterations, Test Schedules and Execution Trend report ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Jun 11 '14, 9:22 a.m.
Quality Manager 4.0.5
Project is using Timelines.  User complains that Execution Trend is not updating ( warehouse jobs are running ) for their test plan.   The Test Plan is owned by a team with assigned timeline whose end date is 2 years behind us now, but with several iterations in the here and now.

Q: Does the boundary of the timeline affect analysis of its child iterations ?

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/100623/test-execution-trend-report-in-rqm  says:

Tip: Make sure that there is valid data in the test schedules of the test plan.

The selected entry for Test Schedule is a child iteration with no children and several "Key Dates" manually created it
seems.

[ I am also going to go looking at all of these: https://jazz.net/forum/search/?q=What%20interaction%20betwixt%20Timelines,%20iterations,%20Test%20Schedules%20and%20Execution%20Trend%20report%20? ]

Comments
Clara Forero commented Jun 19 '14, 9:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Kevin,

The "Tip" you mentioned is a good one, what is taking into account for the report is the Test Schedules defined for the Test Plan.  Are those schedules properly set?  Has the report never been updated?  Does it seems to take some days to update the report? Is the graph updated but the message about behind/ahead days is not?

Thanks,
- Clara

Kevin Ramer commented Jun 19 '14, 9:41 a.m.

There is a single iteration under the Test Schedules section on the Test Plan.  Under that are 6 "Key Dates" [ firefox does not cooperate when I try to add an image ]

The chart displays only the curves ( Planned Complete/Planned Attempted) no bars for actuals.

One answer

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Jun 19 '14, 12:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kevin,

It would be necessary to look at the data in the DW and the logs of the ETL to understand why the report is not showing the expected data.  Please contact IBM support so they can take a look at your environment.

Thanks,
Clara

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jun 19 '14, 2:17 p.m.

I think a user in this same repository, different Project opened PMR 62757,999,000.  Looking at the PMR it was closed with a workaround ( new report design ).   I will dig that archive a bit more.

Kevin Ramer commented Jun 26 '14, 11:51 a.m.

I tracked this to there being 2 TCER on the Test Plan, neither had the proper Iteration assigned.  Once that was changed, test results started becoming visible.

Clara Forero commented Jun 26 '14, 12:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm glad you found the cause of the issue!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.