It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can you accept a team invitation if you do not have the RTC Eclipse client installed?

Keith Posner (3123) | asked Jun 10 '14, 9:09 a.m.
I have set up an RTC dashboard that needs to be reviewed by managers and executives. Many of these people do not have the RTC Eclipse client installed. It seems that I have to add them to the relevant RTC team and they have to accept a team invitation before they can access the URL link to the dashboard.

I have added one of these managers to the relevant RTC team. RTC sends an email asking the new team member asking them to accept the invitation. The problem is this: it appears that the only way to accept the invitation is using the RTC Eclipse client. However, the audience for this dashboard are managers and executives and they do not have the time or inclination to install the Eclipse client. Is there a way to accept the invitation using the Web client, or using any other method that does not require a product install?

Thanks,
Keith

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 10 '14, 9:14 a.m.
Accept Invitation is an Eclipse only concept.

if they have web ui, you just give them the link to the page you want them to look at,
they click, logon, etc..

they can also click the link in the invitation email to get to the top of the project, if that is where u want them to go.. (otherwise I would not send out generic invites to those folks)
Keith Posner selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Robert Wen (690412) | answered Jun 14 '14, 12:05 p.m.
 Sam is correct: The text lines used for accepting the invitation are for the Eclipse client only.  Web and other clients don't need those four lines.

You could modify your project/team invitation email template to specify that web client users click on the project area link to directly access the project.  You could also add the link to the RTC dashboard at the top of this email template as well.

Hope this helps,

bob

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jun 14 '14, 5:04 p.m.

modifying the email template is ok if you have only one audience for all projects. not usually the case.  a nice idea tho!.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.