It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can one view specific development work items?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Feb 28 '14, 12:26 p.m.
I'm trying to help someone whose RTC client can load a workspace from a certain stream, but the post load churns locally for hours.  I found  https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=181804&tab=com.ibm.team.workitem.tab.links  which in turn mentions "245790: When RTC Eclipse client started, the auto workspace refreshing takes 30 minutes up to a few hours"  but when I try to view it says I have no permission.

Other users have no problem loading the workspace, nor did I.
My user has tried all of the following:
  • Starting RTC in a fresh eclipse workspace
  • loading from his own workspace and from a different public workspace both flowing to the stream in question
He is going to try one or two of the suggestions in the Enhancement 181804, but I can't help but believe there are juicy tidbits in 245790 that might help.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 28 '14, 1:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Work item 245790 is a support work item working with a particular customer (and those are not public, since they contain customer-specific information).   I did read over that work item, and it just refers to work item 181804, and discusses whether the approaches described there will work for this customer, so no, nothing in there that would be relevant, beyond what is in 181804.
Kevin Ramer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Feb 28 '14, 1:47 p.m.

Thanks, Geoffrey.  I showed 181804 to my user and he will try some of the suggestions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.