It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Fetching project areas" when integrating RTC-RQM

Claudia Callegari (44439771) | asked Apr 17 '09, 11:06 a.m.
When I try to define the "defects provider" in RQM, and after selecting "next" on the window where you specify the URL of your RTC server, it starts "fetching project areas" and although it does not through any error, it never finishes.

I have project areas in that RTC server.

My enviornment is:
RTC (on server 1), based on v1.0.1.1.
RQM (on localhost), based on v1.0.1.1

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong? Basically I'm following the steps described here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v1r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_config_rtc_defects.html

Thanks in advance,
Claudia

6 answers

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered Apr 17 '09, 11:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, did you look at the entries here?
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4083
It sounds like a similar situation so worth a try.

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | answered Apr 17 '09, 3:52 p.m.
Hi, did you look at the entries here?
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4083
It sounds like a similar situation so worth a try.

I see the same too .. I'll review the topics

permanent link
Claudia Callegari (44439771) | answered Apr 17 '09, 4:03 p.m.
After making some changes and still having the same problems, I tried with IE and it worked, although not in Firefox (still fetching project areas).

What happens now is that, although I defined RTC as the Defect Provider and selected my project area, when I raise a defect, its layout is not the same as I see in RTC. I thought it will raise the Defect WI type defined in my RTC proj.area... how is this working?

Claudia

permanent link
Goshen Pan (106) | answered Apr 17 '09, 9:46 p.m.
After making some changes and still having the same problems, I tried with IE and it worked, although not in Firefox (still fetching project areas).

What happens now is that, although I defined RTC as the Defect Provider and selected my project area, when I raise a defect, its layout is not the same as I see in RTC. I thought it will raise the Defect WI type defined in my RTC proj.area... how is this working?

Claudia

Claudia,

RQM assumes 'defect' type defined in RTC process as the defect tracking and inherits the presentation layout there.
You can customize the type/layout of this type to archive customization goal however it's not support yet to use a new type.

permanent link
Jason Myers (611) | answered May 28 '09, 4:42 p.m.
I am having this same issue. I have tried everything on this thread and on the other. I have tried different browsers on different systems, but all the same.

My environement is
RQM 1.0.1.1
RTC 1.0.1

Do I need to upgrade my RTC to 1.0.1.1 for this to work?

permanent link
Claudia Callegari (44439771) | answered May 28 '09, 7:02 p.m.
I will look at the defects raised to the jazz team to see if there is anything formally opened there. If not I will open one and paste the link here.
Upgrading your RTC to 1.0.1.1 will not solve the problem: I have both of them on 1.0.1.1 and experiencing that.

For firefox I think it could be related to some browser settings although I have not discovered that them. I have this feeling because after fetching project areas some login windows should appear and they are not presented in firefox, although I do not have the blocking pop up windows feature.

Will let you know if I find anything.
Claudia

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.