It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can You Export A Tree View In Requirements Manager

Joe Lynch (1479) | asked Jun 04 '14, 3:50 p.m.

I can't seem to figure out how to export a tree view in RM.  I created a View and when i choose "Export" from the View menu, it only exports the parent requirements.  Is there a way to export the view as it displays in the tree view? 

One answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Jun 04 '14, 4:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Joe, 
When exporting a view, I do see that it does export the "linked" artifacts.  But it will display it as a column, in the resulting CSV file and not as an indented row.  So it should contain the relationships in the view, but not in a "tree" format.

Comments
Joe Lynch commented Jun 04 '14, 4:52 p.m.

That would be great. I'm not getting the "linked" artifacts, only the high level (parent). Are you using the Export from the View Menu? Which version of RM are you using?

Joe Lynch commented Jun 04 '14, 5:42 p.m.

Hi Erica,

Can you tell me what steps you are using to get a succeful export?  My steps are:

1. Change column display to show Name, Primary Text, Atrrib1, Attrib2

2. Configure Links in Tree View - Select "Parent of" links

3. Save View

4.  All displays correctly

5. From View Options menu, select Export.

Only the top requirements are exported.

This is badly needed on our project to generate an RTM showing parent child requirements that include the primary text and a couple of attributes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Erica Tran commented Jun 05 '14, 8:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Joe,
The key here is adding the columns.  So in step 1, just make sure you include the relationship/link columns you're looking for.  It looks like it's just exporting the columns with the links during export.  I used version 4.0.6.

Here's an example.
Saved tree view

Here's the export.
Tree view exported to CSV

I hope this type of export will work for what you need.

Joe Lynch commented Jun 05 '14, 3:24 p.m.

Thanks Erica! Although this does work, it's not quite what we were looking for... We need primary text and attributes from both the parent and the children as shown below. Thanks anyway...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.