It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to edit Lifecycle queries used in Money that matters sample, help

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Jan 24 '14, 9:30 a.m.
edited Jan 24 '14, 10:22 a.m.
 we are starting to deploy LC projects, and want to help build dashboards for our users. 

in the MMtM sample, the requirements tab has some queries that we cannot edit. 
we can find that query in the list of shared lifecycle queries, but cannot edit it.. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jan 24 '14, 1:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Sam,

I can't speak definitively from a code standpoint, but as far as I can see, the Lifecycle Queries cannot be edited. I can see, however, that the server JSON response when fetching this query returns the following information, which tells me that the query cannot be edited:
isEditable: false
itemId: "_Rf-lkMTeEd-8X9CRhkXtRQ_Bo4UgIUcEeOF5YpqirdZTQ"
name: "Open Requirement Change Requests"
projectAreaItemId: "_Bo4UgIUcEeOF5YpqirdZTQ"

I know that RRC has a similar feature called "Stored Queries", which are non-editable queries designed to collect standard information for the server, so I imagine that Lifecycle Queries operate in the same manner. 

Sorry I'm not able to provide you with more definitive information, but I hope this helps!
Mike Jaworski
sam detweiler selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jan 24 '14, 4:07 p.m.

thank you for the great info.!

my project manager wanted to create another different query to put into the same view but didn't know how, so was cloning their practice with RTC queries.. (look inside an existing).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.