It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using Process Sharing with Provider using SCRUM. How to get reports in Unconfigured consumers?

Robert Myers (191116) | asked Nov 06 '13, 11:31 a.m.
We use the SCRUM Template for the Provider PA.
We created a Consumer with Unconfigured Process template.
How do we get the Reports on the Consumer PA so that the dashboard widgets work?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Nov 06 '13, 1:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Robert, Go to the reports page in the WEB UI. Click the Report Resources menu option from the Reports drop down menu. You should see a button whose description is: Deploy New Resources. Click the button and you will be taken to a page that will let you deploy all or some of the out of the box report resources.
Robert Myers selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 06 '13, 2:33 p.m.

how about custom reports added to the shared template?

Alanna Zito commented Nov 07 '13, 9:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sam,

The same page that lets you deploy out of the box reports also has an option to deploy reports from other project areas (since 4.0.3) - even for projects that don't share a template.

sam detweiler commented Nov 07 '13, 9:39 a.m.

great clarification, thanks.

Robert Myers commented Dec 09 '13, 9:51 a.m.

Dr. Pross imported a Team Absences Report made available as an XML file but he could not add the Report to a Dashboard. 
I saved the page then using Web RTC 4.0.4, I was able to choose Reports->Report Resources->Create New Resource menu option and stored it in the JKE Banking Reports->Planning folder. When I chose Reports->Shared Reports and tried to run the report, I see 'Engine not found for Team Absences'.  Using RTC Eclipse client to do similar actions, it crashed RTC Eclipse. I tried using Custom Report Widget but could not see the Report as an available report

Robert Myers commented Apr 09 '14, 8:39 a.m.

@Allana: I received an Insight Report which gathers data from a CLM which itself is based on Formal Process Management.
I clicked RTC Reports->Create Resource, called it 'RTVM' and Browsed to the biggest file in the set of files and selected it.
It seemed to be recognized because RTVM appeared in my list of Report Resources.
When I attempted to Edit the Resource, I received a message 'Engine not found'.
Should I have done something different or was this hopeless to begin with?

Alanna Zito commented Apr 09 '14, 9:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Robert,

You can't create a report resource directly from an Insight report (by uploading the template).  To use Insight reports, you need to integrate your Insight server with CLM, and then import the reports.  Search the help for the topic "Making development intelligence reports available to viewers" to learn more.

P.S. Consider creating a new question instead of adding a comment to an old thread - that way, more people will see it and may be able to help.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

One other answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Nov 06 '13, 11:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Robert,
as per documentation
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_sharing_project_area_process.html
reports are not inherited.

Thanks
Eric

Comments
Robert Myers commented Nov 08 '13, 4:53 a.m.

The list of what is and what is not Merged (as Sam defines it) from Provider to Consumer, is very helpful. Though I am duly warned to start with an Unconfigured Process, It is a lot of work to find the list of all things included in the SCRUM Process Template that are not merged and to recreate them in the Consumer.  Can I create a copy of the Unconfigured Process Template called 'Standard SCRUM Consumer' for example, add everything that has been included in the SCRUM Process Template that will not be merged to the Consumer and use that as my functional equivalent  of the Uncofigured Process for all future Consumer Project Areas so this is a one time operation?

sam detweiler commented Nov 08 '13, 8:10 a.m.

Yes, we had developed our own project initializer process template.  and we could tell whether it was used or not (we had some additional folks who had admin authority who didn't keep up on our process runbook)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.