It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sharing files between multiple components/streams

Sofus Albertsen (471014) | asked Feb 28 '12, 9:36 a.m.
Hey all.
I have done some development with RTC where it has been on project, one stream, one component.
Now I am going to develop on a project where there is 3 different applications, all sharing some files like interfaces, exceptions, and entity classes.
As it is now, I have all the files redundant in each stream/component (not quite sure of the terms), but that is not the best solution.
If you know a way to handle that please post it. And please post it in easy to understand steps so i can follow:)
Regards
Sofus

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 29 '12, 4:17 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In almost all cases, you should not make a copy of a set of files in another component. You should just add that component to the stream you are working on. To do so, in Eclipse, open the stream in the stream editor, and use the "add" operation to add the component to the stream.

Cheers,
Geoff

Hey all.
I have done some development with RTC where it has been on project, one stream, one component.
Now I am going to develop on a project where there is 3 different applications, all sharing some files like interfaces, exceptions, and entity classes.
As it is now, I have all the files redundant in each stream/component (not quite sure of the terms), but that is not the best solution.
If you know a way to handle that please post it. And please post it in easy to understand steps so i can follow:)
Regards
Sofus

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.