It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add a new field by Framework Manager after update XDC

lv xinxin (1310) | asked May 27 '14, 1:54 a.m.
Hello,

I need to add a new field for CQ live, I have update the XDC file, but how to take it effect in Framework Manger? Is there any doc/video for reference?

Thanks in advance
Wendy

2 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered May 27 '14, 4:28 a.m.
Hello Wendy,

the closest resource I can find is the following tutorial:

Customizing the extract, transform, and load (ETL) process
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r1m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.raer.tutorial.doc/topics/t_etl_intro.html

Lesson 2.11 and following are about the Framework Manager part.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
lv xinxin commented May 28 '14, 1:15 a.m. | edited unknown

Thanks, Lesson2.11 seems add a new table, but i just want to add a column of the table. Do I need to delete the old table and then add the new table again(exist columns and new column)?

Thanks
Wendy

lv xinxin commented May 28 '14, 1:16 a.m. | edited unknown

Thanks, Lesson2.11 seems add a new table, but i just want to add a column of the table. Do I need to delete the old table and then add the new table again(exist columns and new column)?

Thanks
Wendy

lv xinxin commented May 28 '14, 1:18 a.m.

Thanks
Wendy

permanent link
Kunal Bajaj (26810) | answered Nov 05 '14, 3:11 p.m.
You should not need to add a new table. You can select the object (view or table) which has the new column. Then Click on Tools->Update Object. That should update the table to include the new column that you added in the physical table.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.