It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SOAP and Socket Data Manager Server Services not present after Insight Upgrade

Juan Martín Alberti (201417) | asked Apr 29 '14, 2:13 p.m.

Hi every body!

We've migrated Rational Insight from v1.0.1 to v1.1.1.2.

After the migration we can't see the SOAP and the Socket Data Manager Server Services on Cognos Configuration.

We open the Cognos Configuration and we go to Environment > Data Manager > Data Manager Network Services and we only see the Client > localhost services.

How can we make the server services visibles?

I'm asking this because I asume that the following error that I'm geting on the IBM Cognos Data Manager when we want to publish a Data Movement Task is related to this.

1. ERROR
DM-CST-0110 Data Manager CST Interface Error (BIBusTKException - 5): DM_CST_ObjectExists

CCL-BIT-0005 A socket reported a communication error.
CAM_Connect=0xfffffff4 <errorDetail><errorCode>-12</errorCode><errorMessage>CAM-CRP-0026 The underlying socket: '127.0.0.1:9300' returned an error.</errorMessage><errorStack><errorCode>10061</errorCode><errorMessage>Could not connect the socket, errno: 0x274d(10061)</errorMessage></errorStack></errorDetail>

<Exception Name="BIBusTKException" Error="5" Severity="Error"><Messages><Message Name="CCLMessage" File="cclbitmsgs" Severity="Error" Nesting="0" ><MessageText>CCL-BIT-0005 A socket reported a communication error.</MessageText></Message><Message Name="CCLMessageString" File="" Severity="Error" Nesting="0" ><MessageText>CAM_Connect=0xfffffff4 <errorDetail><errorCode>-12</errorCode><errorMessage>CAM-CRP-0026 The underlying socket: '127.0.0.1:9300' returned an error.</errorMessage><errorStack><errorCode>10061</errorCode><errorMessage>Could not connect the socket, errno: 0x274d(10061)</errorMessage></errorStack></errorDetail></MessageText></Message></Messages><TraceInfo><Trace Text="../Session/CSTHelper.cpp(2269): BIBusTKException: CCL_RETHROW: CSTHelper::logonAsAnonymous" /><Trace Text="../Session/CSTSendSoap.cpp(154): BIBusTKException: CCL_RETHROW: CSTSendSoap::send()" /><Trace Text="BITKTheBus.cpp(121): BIBusTKException: CCL_RETHROW: BITKTheBus::getSession" /><Trace Text="BITKConnectionPool.cpp(114): BIBusTKException: CCL_RETHROW: BITKConnectionPool::getSocketConnection" /><Trace Text="BITKSocket.cpp(376): BIBusTKException: CCL_THROW:

Comments
Philippe Chevalier commented Apr 29 '14, 4:11 p.m. | edited Apr 29 '14, 4:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please disregard Following two comment.
++++++++++

Hello

Simply Right click on the Client node and add the server name you need.

Results:

Results

Hope this is what your looking for!

Philippe Chevalier commented Apr 29 '14, 4:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

P.S.  You may want to remove the localhost if it is not required

2 answers

permanent link
Philippe Chevalier (56114) | answered Apr 29 '14, 4:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I was not satisfied with the answer I provided and explorer the concern a little further.  Please disregard the last two updates.  unless you have disable loop back values in the local hosts file.

First,  The feature has been removed since it was not needed, and we do not support Tomcat JVMs with Rational Insight.

We believe that you need to explorer the reason why the port is not available for the service.   The Localhost entry should be available in your configuration since we can see by the error you posted the 127.0.0.1 is being queried.

I can imagine that the local loop back on you system is disable, and that you may need to add the name server as a client entry.

Hope this help!

permanent link
Juan Martín Alberti (201417) | answered Apr 30 '14, 10:56 a.m.
Philippe, thanks a lot.

Could you be more specific about that what I must to check and do to solve the problem?

Should I check the two firts answers?

Sorry if I don't understand you.

Comments
Philippe Chevalier commented Apr 30 '14, 12:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Looking at the Error, it looks like the localhost and/or port 9300 is not available.   If the localhost is the issue,  make sure the processes can access the local host.   To do this you need to look at you local network configuration, most likely your servers hosts file.   If you can't create a localhost entry in due to some constraint, then create the Data manager net connection with the right name.  

If the Network name is not a problem investigate the port,  is the port 9300 open, it is being services by an application other then RRDI.  If another port is/was being used modify the Data manager net connection config to the right port ....

Juan Martín Alberti commented Apr 30 '14, 12:55 p.m.

Thanks Philippe. I will check what you are saying.
What about the password? The same password that I put in the Configuration Manager, where do I have to configured again? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.