It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Insight - Job CLM402_ALL sometimes hangs

Anderson Oliveira Pinto (1701817) | asked May 20 '14, 3:34 p.m.
 We have the Rational Insight 1.1.1.2 integrated with CLM 4.0.2. 

The job CLM402_ALL was published into DataMovementTasks and scheduled to run every night. When we schedule the job works fine for some days and after the job start to hang.

I look into logs files but the log doesn't show nothing or show a simple message "process died".

The jobs stayed in the state executing or pending. We have 3 environments and in all environments the jobs hangs.

Anyone has passed for the same situation ?

Comments
Benjamin Silverman commented May 20 '14, 6:59 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Anderson,

Which logs are you looking at?  Do the ETL build logs show the job starting, or is the report server not even starting the job?  If the latter, are the any errors in the cogserver.log that might explain why the job does not start?

2 answers

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered May 21 '14, 10:28 a.m.
Hi, I have seen this issue in the past, but for my team it was very intermittent. If I re-start the job it will work just fine. Sorry I don't have a resolution to suggest. 

permanent link
Anderson Oliveira Pinto (1701817) | answered Jul 22 '14, 12:51 p.m.
Hi Benjamin and Jackie,

The Cognos Team asked to apply FP3 I will apply the fix this week and I will post the results here.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.