It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Firefox ESR 24 is not loading Report Studio/Insight

Gary Walters (311) | asked Feb 04 '14, 11:01 a.m.
Hi,

I have FF ESR 24 installed on Windows 7 and it will not load Report Studio or Insight properly.  Clicking on the RS icon will cause a new page to open, but the menu items don't work and the report does not load up:

IE 9 on the same machine works fine and Firefox 18 on a Linux machine works fine.

I have gone through all of the settings here:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cx/v10r1m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.ug_cr_rptstd.10.1.0.doc%2Fc_cr_rptstd_intrd_browser_set.html

Any ideas on what I could be missing?

Thanks,

Gary

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Feb 04 '14, 11:12 a.m.

I found something ( i think on this site ) that only ESR 17 and earlier will work with Report Studio.    I had to install the older Firefox as well as ESR 24.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 04 '14, 11:35 a.m.
edited Feb 04 '14, 11:50 a.m.
Hello Gary,

Which version of Insight are you using?
The support for Firefox 24 has been added in Insight 1.1.1.3, previous versions of Insight are known to have problems with the WebUI and Report Studio.
This is a limitation caused by the Cognos version shipped with Insight that has been updated to 10.2.1 with the release of Insight 1.1.1.3 (previously was 10.1.1).

For reference the system requirement for Insight can be seen here:

System Requirements for Rational Insight
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27023704

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
Gary Walters selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Gary Walters (311) | answered Feb 04 '14, 1:45 p.m.
Thanks, Francesco and Kevin.  I put in a request to upgrade to the latest versions.  For now, I will just stick with FF 18.

Gary

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.