It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project Access Control

Erik anderson (38315029) | asked Apr 06 '09, 1:23 p.m.
I'm trying to test the different access control mechanisms in M3D1 and setup 4 different types of projects:
1) Grant read access to everyone
2) Grant read access to members of the project area hierarchy
3) Grant read access to a specific list of users
4) Grant access to repository administrators only

My id maps to JazzAdmin, it's an administrator as well as a member with all roles in each Jazz project.

I can modify and save each project but get an error when trying to modify the team associated with projects #3 and #4 (projects #1 and #2 work ok):

Items with protected read access policy must use public context id, project id, or current contributor id

Do I need to wait for M3 before thoroughly testing Project Access Control?

2 answers

permanent link
Erik anderson (38315029) | answered Apr 06 '09, 3:45 p.m.
Created work item 77502

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Apr 06 '09, 2:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Looks like a bug in the process code.

Can you please open a bug against process team.

--- Balaji

I'm trying to test the different access control mechanisms in M3D1 and setup 4 different types of projects:
1) Grant read access to everyone
2) Grant read access to members of the project area hierarchy
3) Grant read access to a specific list of users
4) Grant access to repository administrators only

My id maps to JazzAdmin, it's an administrator as well as a member with all roles in each Jazz project.

I can modify and save each project but get an error when trying to modify the team associated with projects #3 and #4 (projects #1 and #2 work ok):

Items with protected read access policy must use public context id, project id, or current contributor id

Do I need to wait for M3 before thoroughly testing Project Access Control?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.