It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Saving user failed with CRJAZ2419E while setting up the social network in the user profile and UnknownHostException in the log.

Danny Müller (117920) | asked Apr 29 '14, 10:37 a.m.
From ccm/web I openened the user profile and selected social network.
Then I put https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks and used the credentials which actually work if I log in directly.
Upon saving I get
Saving user failed with CRJAZ2419E while setting up the social network in the user profile.
the stacktrace in ccm.log goes like
2014-04-29 15:59:12,374 [WebContainer : 23 @@ 15:59 myuserlogin /ccm/service/com.ibm.team.social.common.internal.ISocialRestService/socialSiteCredential] ERROR com.ibm.team.social                                 - 
java.net.UnknownHostException: www.ibm.com
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:253)...
and so on.

btw: my jazz instance is not allowed to connect outside the intranet but my client is.

Is there a useful help entry?
How can I fix this?

best regards
Danny

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Apr 29 '14, 11:54 a.m.
edited May 05 '14, 9:12 a.m.
Hi Danny,
Social network feature needs an access to connection to social network server from your IBM Jazz Team Server.
You can check whether you have connection access to that server by running following command:
ping social-network-server
Danny Müller selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Danny Müller commented Apr 29 '14, 11:57 a.m.

Thank you, Christoph.

2 other answers

permanent link
Philippe Chevalier (56114) | answered Apr 29 '14, 11:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Did you try pinging the www.ibm.com from the JTS server, which is where the request is most call from?  Do you get a successful response from the ping?

Comments
Danny Müller commented Apr 29 '14, 11:35 a.m.

Hello Philippe,

ping on the jts is not resolving to an IP. But the client does.
Just theoretical: Would I have to expose the server to the internet rather than the client?

best regards
Danny

Philippe Chevalier commented Apr 29 '14, 12:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The ping was not to resolve the issue but to determine if the JTS server can reach the Social Network page.   And, Yes if you need to setup an external address like www.ibm.com the jts, or the any of the CLM applications (the JVM for the app) need access to the network that it is targeting, in this case the World Wide Web.

Danny Müller commented Apr 30 '14, 4:39 a.m.

Thank you.

permanent link
Danny Müller (117920) | answered Apr 30 '14, 7:11 a.m.
There is a help page available for this; http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.connector.lotus.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_intro.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.