It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ERROR: The asset type is unknown, Cannot give detailed templ

Milind Gholap (61) | asked Apr 06 '09, 7:18 a.m.
Hi All,

I am getting an error while opening a machine information from the "Reservations" viewlet of Lab management.

I have created a request for a machine as tester, then fulfilled that request as Lab manager.

Now I want to see all reservations from "Reservations" viewlet from Lab manager's dashboard. when I am trying to open the machine to see more information, it is showing me an error,saying " ERROR: The asset type is unknown, Cannot give detailed template for it:Physical machine"

I am able to open the same lab resource from the "Lab management>All Lab resources" menu.

Anybody knows why this is happening?

Milind

4 answers

permanent link
daniel blazewicz (1121) | answered Apr 06 '09, 7:23 a.m.
I saw that changing from PhysicalMachine to Machine in url helps.

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Apr 06 '09, 10:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Milind,

This is a defect.
We'll open a work item to have it addressed.

As was alluded to in the previous message, the problem is when the Machine that is reserved was defined as a "Physical Machine" when it was created. A work around is to create machines as type "Machine" rather than "Physical Machine".

I hope that helps,
Mark

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Apr 06 '09, 10:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I forgot to mention that you can also change existing "Physical Machines" to Machines.
Set the "Type" in the General Info section of the machine editor.
Most, if not all, of the attributes of the machine should be preserved when you make the switch.

Mark

permanent link
Milind Gholap (61) | answered Apr 07 '09, 1:56 a.m.
Thanks Mark!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.