It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create Execution status by iteration using weight/TCERs count (live) --using Master test plan with child test plans

Alejandro Torres (1112) | asked Jul 14 '15, 10:18 a.m.
edited Jul 14 '15, 10:21 a.m.
Hi I'm having troubles to generate the report using the widgets:
Execution status by iteration using weight/TCERs count (live) .. I have a Master test plan with Child test plans added(30 child test plans each one with ~5 TCERs assigned to different iterations.

when I try those widgets by selecting the Master test plan that groups them shows 'No records returned for report'
even If I select the parameter:
'Include Child/Master Test Plans: Yes'
but when I pick just one Child test plan the widget shows the chart properly.

Any suggestion that I can try to have this working for multiple child test plans arrenged in a common Master test plan??.

Comments
Don Yang commented Jul 15 '15, 1:19 a.m.

If Master plan has no TCERs, when selecting master test plan only, Include Child/Master Test Plans parameter should be selected. Your use case is quite common so it seems to me it should work.
Do you have QM JKE Banking sample project area? You can test with it by selecting the [Master Test Strategy] (it has 3 child test plans and all have some TCERs which is quite similar to your use case), if 'include Child/Master Test Plans' set to No, there is no records returned which is expected. if set to yes, then you will see correct charts including all the Child Test Plans. Selecting each child test plan will also see the chart properly. I checked in v5.0.2 and do not see any problem. Not sure what version of RQM you are using. If it works for JKE Banking, we know the product's feature is functioning.

Alejandro Torres commented Jul 15 '15, 8:56 a.m. | edited Sep 20 '15, 10:57 p.m.

Hi Don...
Righ, the Master Plan has no TCER's only the Child plans...I don't have the QM JKE banking sample (where can I get it to try it) but as you mention it sound similar to what we are looking for..

We are using the v5.0.2 :S but we have seen this before for other widgets..  is there any IBM interlan contact that we can try.. this will be used for several projects (I work for IBM not sure if there is an internal forum for this kind of issues)

Don Yang commented Jul 16 '15, 5:38 a.m.

If you go to Lifecycle project area page, and click on Sample, you can create LPA sample project areas JKE Banking for CCM, QM and RM.

One answer

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13344) | answered Sep 22 '15, 5:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Alejandro, Co-incidentally I was trying to replicate the behavior and see that on RQM 5.0.2iFix005 or lower.

Are you on RQM 5.0.2? If yes, try installing interim fix 8 for RQM 5.0.2 and check if the issue persists?
I confirmed in my instance that the issue is gone after installing iFix008 for RQM 5.0.2.

Let me know how it goes..

Best Regards
Sunil

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.