It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Manual Test Script Recording questions

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10284271) | asked Apr 28 '14, 4:04 p.m.
RFT 8.5.12
CLM 4.0.6

I have the Eclipse and Visual Studio "versions" of RFT installed. When using the Manual Test Script Recording feature, is either one a requirement? If I install RFT on a Visual Studio "machine", can MTSR work, or is the Eclipse piece required?

Also, any speed/performance improvements for MTSR in 5.0?

Comments
Don Yang commented Apr 29 '14, 2:54 a.m.

I believe either RFT Eclipse or VS is required for manual test script recording.
At least from the current 5.0 beta version, I dont see anything mentioned on the performance improve for this feature.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vijay Patil (4813) | answered Apr 29 '14, 12:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi,

When you install RFT VisualStudio, RFT eclipse is also installed (as it is mandatory). So MTSR will work in your scenario.

There are no performance improvements done for MTSR in RQM 5.0. If you are looking for some improvements, please create an enhancement (RFE) for those in RQM.

Thanks,
Vijay.
Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Apr 29 '14, 12:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sterling, 
In regards to "Performance" are you referring to the action of recording the script or executing the resulting Manual Script?
If its the latter, there are some significant improvements in the area of loading, Execution and Result display of larger Manual Test Scripts in version 5.0
Details can be found in the following workitem:

Ara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.