It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Remove Artifact without Deleting Artifact from a Module in RRC

Evan Edwards (231014) | asked Apr 21 '14, 6:14 p.m.

I am a Jazz Administrator for the DoD CLM Tools and I am currently running version 4.0.6 with Mozilla Firefox 27.0.  As jazz administrators we often advise RRC Project Administrators to remove the ability to Delete Artifact under Save Artifact Permissions in RRC.  The reason we advise RRC Project Administrators to do this is to that they don’t accidently delete artifact permanently from their project area.  Some projects have many artifacts added to a module (10,000 to 22,000 artifacts).  In 4.0.1 I used to be able to remove an Artifact from a module with this permission disabled.  Now when I try to remove an artifact from a module, but not delete the artifact, I receive the following error: “The Server does not permit this operation.”  Is there a way to be able to remove unwanted artifacts from the module but not delete them in the current version without having to enable Delete Artifacts permission settings?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Håkan Kristiansson (5114) | answered Apr 22 '14, 2:31 a.m.
You are most probably running into this defect:

User cannot remove artifact from module when the "Delete an artifact" permission is not granted
https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=75399

Evan Edwards selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Evan Edwards commented Apr 22 '14, 9:50 a.m.

I will look to see if this is resolved in 5.0. Thank you for sending me the link with the information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.