It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Modify the work item's Type involving a workflow reset" permission in RTC

kavita herur (5876594) | asked Apr 16 '14, 7:17 a.m.
edited Apr 16 '14, 8:14 a.m.

Hi All,

I am able to see "Modify the work item's Type involving a workflow reset" in Team area permissions of RTC 4.0.1 and RTC4.0.5

What this means and when it is validated.

Thanks,

Kavita

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 16 '14, 7:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would assume that this is when you change the type of a work item and the current state is not available on the new type, which would cause the work item to transition to new.Never realized we have that!

Susan Hanson commented Apr 16 '14, 9:11 a.m.

I did a quick test and what it looks like is ...

If I do not have this permission, then the work item types that I see in the Type dropdown are ONLY those that have the same workflow defined as the work item type it is now.  So for example, for me, defect & task have different workflows, so within a Defect, "Task" is not in the Type dropdown.  I have a couple work item types that use the same workflow, and so when I have one of those up, the Type dropdown shows both the type it is now (Schedule) and the only other type that has the same Workflow (Dependency).

Susan

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.