It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

on demand build from eclipse RTC client

Sekar GCS (23314) | asked Jul 23 '18, 5:37 a.m.
edited Jul 23 '18, 6:17 a.m.

Hi,
I need some details, can you help me?
How can i request a build from Snapshot via eclipse RTC client?
2. Usage of "Create a release to associate with this build" under "associated release"  tab in build result?

Thank you
-

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 23 '18, 6:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1. You build on repository workplaces (or streams). So create a repository workspace from the snapshot, make sure the repository workspace is visible:public; Request a personal build and select the repository workspace.
  2. You create a release (which is then availble in the release tab of the project area) and the build result, including the downloads etc. are linked to the release. You would usually do that for the final release you make available to the users.
Sekar GCS selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sekar GCS commented Jul 23 '18, 7:11 a.m.

thanks for your reply,i have a Jenkins build engine and the Jenkins job configured with build definition. in this case,  is it possible to build from Snapshot? if so how can i request and where to point out the snapshot details ?

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 23 '18, 7:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

See How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers?

As far as I am aware the Jenkins build works allows to specify a personal build similar to how a JBE based build allows you to (provided the standard Jazz-SCM setup in Jenkins is used).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.