It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deploying to BlueMix: "The application failed to stage, so there are no instances to display."

Cesar Ivan Orozco Cervantes (10910) | asked Apr 09 '14, 3:11 p.m.
Hi all,

I'm trying to deploy a simple web project with a web page just to test BlueMix, little background:

-I created a web project and a web page on RAD and using EGit I push them to a Git hosted repo on JazzHub.
-Since I don't have the manifest.yml file, I created it manually on JazzHub
-Then I enable the auto-deployment option on JazzHub and here seems to be good, I see an OK message and the log only have "OK" on it.

But if I click the link I get this error: 404 Not Found: Requested route ('web1-54106f54-a340-465e-9f67-e4262ad5814e.ng.bluemix.net') does not exist.

And if I click on the Manage on BlueMix link on the Instance Details section I see this error: The application failed to stage, so there are no instances to display.

BTW, this is the content of the manifest.yml:

---
applications:
- name: Web1
  memory: 512M
  instances: 1
  host: Web1-${random-word}
  path: Web1EAR/Web1.war

Someone has faced this problem before?
Thanks

One answer

permanent link
McQ Wilson (613) | answered Apr 09 '14, 3:59 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
 I just went to the ACE UI and tried to just create one of the starter applications from there. That also failed to stage, even though it is just the standard template.

I'm not sure this is the problem you're seeing here, but be warned that BlueMix seems to be currently having problems getting apps started in general.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.