It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to deploy from JazzHub to BlueMix?

Joseph McCarthy (622) | asked Mar 30 '14, 8:37 a.m.
I'm unable to deploy a NodeJS project from JazzHub to BlueMix.
The project is available here: https://hub.jazz.net/project/tetsujin1979/salesforceMobilePhonebook/ and runs without any problem locally, with the same file layout.
When I deploy to BlueMix, the application is not started, and when I start it, it gives an error.
Checking the logs gives this error message: "Error while getting instances : File error: Request failed for app: Sales ForceMobile Phonebook, instance: 0 and path: / as the instance is not found."

I've seen similar messages from deploying locally, but this is from JazzHub.

Any help would be much appreciated

2 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Mar 31 '14, 7:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 31 '14, 7:12 a.m.
Hi Joseph,

I was able to get your application to launch.  When launching from within the JazzHub web IDE, you must have a manifest.yml.  I noticed you had a manifest.yml.v5.  The .v5 extension was added to some of our sample apps so those deploying from the command line would not use the manifest.  You should remove the .v5 extension before trying to push from JazzHub.

I made several changes to your manifest.  The final change I made that got it working was removing spaces from the Name.  I'm not sure if the other changes were required.  Here is what I used:

---
applications:
- name: SalesForceMobilePhonebook
  framework: node
runtime: node08
memory: 128M
instances: 1
host: salesforce-${random-word}
path: "."
command: node app.js

While I did get the app to launch, I don't think it's acting as you desire.  I'm getting the error

Express

404 Error: ENOENT, stat './public/index.html'

I don't see ./public/index.html in your files.  Perhaps you haven't pushed that file to your git repo yet.

permanent link
Szymon Brandys (11) | answered Mar 31 '14, 7:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I debugged the problem and it is about spaces in the app name. I raised WI, see https://hub.jazz.net/ccm01/web/projects/srich%20|%20JazzHub#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=24285
The work will be tracked there.

In the meantime, you should change the name in manifest.yml. Everything else is fine. 'url' is deprecated, but still is fine.
Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.