It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change Jazz Hub User ID for Bluemix - URGENT - Please Help!!!

Craig Statchuk (1612) | asked Jul 02 '15, 9:01 a.m.
My Jazz User ID is currently CraigS.  The mixture of UPPER and lowercase characters in the User ID is causing  numerous errors with Bluemix DevOps and Git.  Git clone requests against my CraigS Jazz account invariably fail with an Error 403 message.

I have created a new Jazz ID with all lowercase characters.  It works flawlessly with Bluemix. Git clone requests function properly.

I need to to change my Jazz ID to craigs from CraigS to keep working on my current Bluemix project. 

Can anyone help???

FWIW: CraigS uses my IBM email address. I cannot just create a new Jazz account since my IBM email address is already in use.

Comments
Taki Nakajo commented Jul 03 '15, 1:52 a.m.

Can anyone in the Jazz.net admin help Craig about the issue?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Craig Statchuk (1612) | answered Jul 03 '15, 9:12 a.m.
edited Jul 03 '15, 9:39 a.m.
Hi Taki.  I was able to get the help from hub@jazz.net.

While upper and lower case Jazz ID characters affect some unix commands - git being one of the them - my difficulties were related to my IBM ID.

I am an IBM employee. I have several login IDs. Access can be confusing.

To access git files created by a tool like Bluemix DevOps, you can use two different IDs but only one password.

Here are the combinations of IDs and passwords that work with git:

1. IBM ID and IBM ID password
  2. Jazz ID and IBM ID password
Notes:
  • IBM ID is the one used for public IBM sites like www.ibm.com. As yes, you read it right: Your IBM ID password should be used with your IBM ID and Jazz ID.  (This is true for IBM employees. Not sure if it works this way for clients too). 
  • Jazz ID is the ID you created on Jazz.net.  If it has upper and lower case characters, you must use the correct case.

Cheers everyone.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Taki Nakajo (1.1k2946) | answered Jul 03 '15, 1:50 a.m.
 Can anyone in the Jazz.net admin help Craig about the issue?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.