It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I get Firefox to use Accept XML Rather than JSON?

Nate Decker (37814261) | asked Apr 02 '14, 8:55 a.m.
I've done a fair bit of OSLC API interactions with RTC so far and am trying to take this further. I've run into issues with my current efforts (creating timesheet entries) and thought it would be helpful if I could look at the Firefox debugger to see what sorts of commands are sent back and forth between the client and the server when I manually add a timesheet entry via the web client. This seems like it might work, but all of the Firefox data is sent using the JSON representation. Since all of my efforts up until now has been using the OSLC XML representation, I would prefer to stick with what I already know. Is there a way to get Firefox to use this format or do I just need to study the JSON representation and figure out how to do the equivalent task with the XML?

One answer

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8825118163) | answered Apr 02 '14, 10:00 a.m.
 how about adding _mediaType=application/x-oslc-cm-changerequest%2Bxml to the end of the url?

Comments
Nate Decker commented Apr 02 '14, 11:02 a.m.

I tried this and it did seem to change the logged request header to text & xml, however the actual request body that Firefox sent to the server still appeared to be formatted in some non-xml format. It was more a long string interspersed with ampersands rather than a tagged XML structure.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.