It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Subscription Feature Disappeared

Muktar Mohammed (1311924) | asked Jul 16 '12, 12:32 p.m.
edited Jul 16 '12, 4:56 p.m. by David Olsen (5237)
I've been working on a custom work item with custom attributes and customized workflow.  I used to be able to add people to the subscription of a work item under 'Links' tab, but recently I lost that feature, I don't know what happen.  I however still can subscribe and unsubscribe myself from a work item, I just can't do it for others.

Does anybody now what I may have done to cause that?

Thank you in advance.

One answer

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Jul 16 '12, 12:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
My guess is that, while customizing your work item type, you changed the layout for the Links tab of the editor presentation, removing the subscription section.  So that information is still in the work item, but is not displayed in the editor.

Editing work item layouts can be tricky, because tabs and sections can be shared by multiple work item types.  If you are not careful, you can change the layout for all your work item types when you intended to change only one work item type.

Comments
Muktar Mohammed commented Jul 16 '12, 1:55 p.m.

Hi David,

Thank you for you quick response.

I only have one type of work item and the 'Subscription' presentation object is already in the 'Links' tab. It still doesn't show up though.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.