It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permission to deliver to stream

Daniel Kruse (112) | asked Mar 24 '14, 3:03 p.m.
Team A owns stream A
Team B is a sub-team of Team A

How do I grant members of Team B permission to deliver to a single component of stream A
without allowing them to deliver to other components?

Thanks.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 24 '14, 4:56 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

One thing you'll want to clarify is whether it is OK for Team B to just not see the other components (and therefore not be able to deliver to them), or whether Team B needs to be able to see/read those other components (but just cannot deliver to them).

Daniel Kruse commented Mar 24 '14, 5:00 p.m.

It is required that Team B be able to see the other components, and just not be able to deliver to them.

btw. I did give up and just create a separate stream for this one component, it didn't really have any true dependencies with the other components. However, I'm still interested in why it wouldn't work.

One answer

permanent link
Mark Castro (741219) | answered Mar 24 '14, 3:37 p.m.
You could try making Team B the owner of the component in question. Since Team B is a subteam of A, this would still allow Team A members to deliver, while restricting Team B to that specific component

Comments
Daniel Kruse commented Mar 24 '14, 3:42 p.m.

Sorry, forgot to specify that.

Team B is the owner of the component.

However, members of Team B still can't deliver to the stream.

Mark Castro commented Mar 24 '14, 4:28 p.m.

Oh no problem...is your streams visibility set at the team level or project level?

Daniel Kruse commented Mar 24 '14, 4:51 p.m.

Stream visibility is set to Team A

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.