It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing the Design Manager extension into RSA v9

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | asked Mar 20 '14, 7:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I am trying to install the RSA client extension for Design Manager 4.0.6 into RSA v9.  When I try to select the existing package group that holds RSA v9, it will not allow me to select the SDP package that holds RSA.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

thanks

anthony

Accepted answer

permanent link
Steve Arnold (28131511) | answered Mar 21 '14, 6:00 a.m.
Hi Anthony,

I suspect that you haven't selected the right DM client - there are two - one for RSA 9, and another one which is targetted at the 8.x stream.  I normally go into Installation manager, and add the DM client repository.  If you do that you should see this

Obviously you need to select the last one which specifically mentions RSA 9.  then it should install ok.

Steve
Anthony Kesterton selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Mar 21 '14, 5:40 a.m.
Hi Anthony,

Do you have RSA v9.0.0 or 9.0.0.1? Is it RSA or RSA for WebSphere?
Do you get any message giving a reason why you could not select the RSA 9 package group?
I assume you selected IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager client extension and not IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager client extension for RSA 9.0. Is that correct understanding?
Typically, the message: "The package you are installing cannot coexist with a package in this package" is what you get if you select the "IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager client extension" instead of selecting "IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager client for RSA 9" or there is/are other product(s)/features part of the package group which prevents the selection.
What other products or features do you have installed in your RSA 9 package group ?

Regards,
François

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Mar 21 '14, 6:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Francois - it was as Steve suggested.  It looks like the option to install the 9.0 client does not exist in the full DM-Web install, but does if you download the DM-Client repos instead.

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Mar 21 '14, 6:11 a.m. | edited Mar 21 '14, 6:11 a.m.

Yes. This is what I was suspecting. The wrong client extension was used.

permanent link
Steve Arnold (28131511) | answered Mar 21 '14, 6:01 a.m.
ok and i will try and get the picture in this time...
Installation manager shot of the dm client packages

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.