It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

No project areas displaying in Rational Reporting page

Amit Garg (312051) | asked Mar 17 '14, 4:34 a.m.

We have installed CLM 4.0.4, websphere 8.0.0.3 and RRDI 4.0

We are at the following step:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m4/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc/topics/c_post_tasks_ovr.html

In step 2, we are unable to find the JKE Banking (Change Management) project listed. Its blank.

Kindly advice how to fix this problem

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Mar 18 '14, 4:11 a.m.
Hello Amit,

I would suggest to check if you have any data in the data warehouse.
  1. connect to the data warehouse with a DB2 command line or control center
  2. run the query: select name from riods.project
  3. this should return a list of your project areas
If there is data, you can also try to switch to the data model without security, to see if it makes any difference.
See Switching to the unrestricted data model
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m4/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc/topics/t_admin_switch_data_models.html

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
Amit Garg selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Amit Garg commented Mar 19 '14, 6:35 a.m.

Thank you Fancesco,

The db2 query you providedĀ helped in finding the correct db to be pointed to.

Thanks again.!!

Regards

2 other answers

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Mar 17 '14, 6:03 a.m.
Hi Amit,
Please check if you have enabled and run the data collection job following http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m4/topic/com.ibm.rational.reporting.admin.doc/topics/t_running_the_data_collection_jobs.html.

Comments
Amit Garg commented Mar 17 '14, 9:23 a.m.

Hi Lily,

I have run the data collection jobs successfully and do not see any error there.

Any new suggestions are welcome.

Regards

Amit

permanent link
Amit Garg (312051) | answered Mar 17 '14, 10:25 a.m.

Hi Lily,

Now I'm getting the following error:

RQP-DEF-0177
An error occurred while performing operation 'sqlPrepareWithOptions' status='-9'.

==================================================

UDA-SQL-0107 A general exception has occurred during the operation "prepare".[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT64] SQL0551N "SYSTEM" does not have the required authorization or privilege to perform operation "SELECT" on object "RIDW.VW_PROJECT_RESOURCE_LOOKUP". SQLSTATE=42501 RSV-SRV-0042 Trace back:RSReportService.cpp(722): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: RSReportService::process()RSReportServiceMethod.cpp(263): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSReportServiceMethod::process(): asynchWait_RequestRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(808): QFException: RSASyncExecutionThread::checkExceptionRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(260): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: RSASyncExecutionThread::runImpl(): asynchRun_RequestRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(864): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSASyncExecutionThread::processCommand(): asynchRun_RequestExecution/RSRenderExecution.cpp(670): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSRenderExecution::executeAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(291): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSLayoutAssembly.cpp(79): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSLayoutAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSPageAssembly.cpp(303): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSPageAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(308): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSTableRowAssembly.cpp(177): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableRowAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(308): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSTableCellAssembly.cpp(137): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableCellAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSTableAssembly.cpp(119): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSTableRowAssembly.cpp(177): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableRowAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(308): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSTableCellAssembly.cpp(137): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableCellAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardRSQueryMgr.cpp(1055): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::getListIteratorRSQueryMgr.cpp(1131): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::getResultSetIteratorRSQueryMgr.cpp(1295): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::createIteratorRSQueryMgr.cpp(1569): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::executeRsapiCommandRSQueryMgr.cpp(1559): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::executeRsapiCommandRSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl.cpp(168): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl::execute()RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl.cpp(160): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl::execute()QFSSession.cpp(1147): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()QFSSession.cpp(1145): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()QFSSession.cpp(1102): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()QFSSession.cpp(1078): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()QFSConnection.cpp(788): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSConnection::ExecuteQFSQuery.cpp(213): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSQuery::Execute v2CoordinationQFSQuery.cpp(4456): QFException: CCL_THROW: CoordinationPlanner

Comments
Lily Wang commented Mar 18 '14, 12:16 a.m.

From the error:
UDA-SQL-0107 A general exception has occurred during the operation "prepare".[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT64] SQL0551N "SYSTEM" does not have the required authorization or privilege to perform operation "SELECT" on object "RIDW.VW_PROJECT_RESOURCE_LOOKUP".
You need to check:
1. If the DB2 and RRDI on different servers, if you have installed 32-bit DB2 client on RRDI server
2. If the user ID used to query the DB has all the privileges required to pull all the info from the DB.

Amit Garg commented Mar 18 '14, 2:35 a.m.

Hi Lily,

DB2 and RRDI is on the same server. So I believe I do not have to install the 32 bit db2 client on the RRDi server.

I need to check about the second option. Will update soon.

Amit Garg commented Mar 18 '14, 3:56 a.m.

Hi Lily,

I figured out the problem. I went to Cognos Administration page > Configuration > Data source connection > RIDW > checked RIDW inside it and clicked on "More". Click on the "Pencil" icon next to connection string and selected "An external namespace" option. Saved the changes.

After that I stopped getting the errors. But I still do not see the project areas to choose from.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.