Having problems extracting test result data from RQM using RPE
I have test case result data in an RQM project, and I'd like to create an RPE template that extracts that data (e.g. for making a document that says "this test was run at this time and it passed/failed"). I have experience writing RPE templates that pull other information from RPE (e.g. test case data, test plan data). But I'm struggling with the test result stuff. I'm using RPE 1.2 and RQM 4.0.2. Here's the specific issue I'm having...
The following URI works fine for me, to get me a list of all test case results:
https://gdqm01.gddsi.com:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/QM_FlexCrypto/executionresult
Using the feed.xsd schema on that URI, I'm able to grab the feed entries, and from there grab a URI to the test case result itself (either using the id field or the link href alternate field). That URI for the first entry in my feed is this:
https://gdqm01.gddsi.com:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/QM_FlexCrypto/executionresult/1528431421
Next, I attempt to dynamically configure another data using that URI, in an attempt to get the detailed information about that test case result. I've tried using both the executionresult.xsd and qm.xsd schemas for that. But in both cases, RPE comes back at me with the following error message:
CRRPE1064I Using URL: https://gdqm01.gddsi.com:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/QM_FlexCrypto/executionresult/1528431421.
CRRPE1064I Cannot access https://gdqm01.gddsi.com:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/QM_FlexCrypto/executionresult/1528431421. Verify that URL, user name and password are correct. Error is: Server response code 401 for https://gdqm01.gddsi.com:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/QM_FlexCrypto/executionresult/1528431421
I've seen this error before in past RPE work, and it usually means that the URI I'm supplying is not valid (e.g. has an invalid format). But I'm stumped in terms of what the URI should be to take me to the specifics of the test case result.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Joe Gariano
The following URI works fine for me, to get me a list of all test case results:
https://gdqm01.gddsi.com:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/QM_FlexCrypto/executionresult
Using the feed.xsd schema on that URI, I'm able to grab the feed entries, and from there grab a URI to the test case result itself (either using the id field or the link href alternate field). That URI for the first entry in my feed is this:
https://gdqm01.gddsi.com:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/QM_FlexCrypto/executionresult/1528431421
Next, I attempt to dynamically configure another data using that URI, in an attempt to get the detailed information about that test case result. I've tried using both the executionresult.xsd and qm.xsd schemas for that. But in both cases, RPE comes back at me with the following error message:
CRRPE1064I Using URL: https://gdqm01.gddsi.com:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/QM_FlexCrypto/executionresult/1528431421.
CRRPE1064I Cannot access https://gdqm01.gddsi.com:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/QM_FlexCrypto/executionresult/1528431421. Verify that URL, user name and password are correct. Error is: Server response code 401 for https://gdqm01.gddsi.com:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/QM_FlexCrypto/executionresult/1528431421
I've seen this error before in past RPE work, and it usually means that the URI I'm supplying is not valid (e.g. has an invalid format). But I'm stumped in terms of what the URI should be to take me to the specifics of the test case result.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Joe Gariano
3 answers
Hi Joe,
The executionresult URL looks good, assuming the external ID of the executionresult resource is 1528431421. If you are getting the URL from the executionresult feed, I would expect the URL to be correct. I would suggest trying the URL in Poster and/or HttpRequester. Check if the response code/content is 200 (OK)/executionresult XML. Otherwise, check your RQM log for relevant errors.
The executionresult URL looks good, assuming the external ID of the executionresult resource is 1528431421. If you are getting the URL from the executionresult feed, I would expect the URL to be correct. I would suggest trying the URL in Poster and/or HttpRequester. Check if the response code/content is 200 (OK)/executionresult XML. Otherwise, check your RQM log for relevant errors.
Thanks Paul. Bear with me as this is my first time using Poster...
I used the URL in Poster and told it to do a get, and it comes back with the content below. It doesn't appear to be choking, but what it comes back doesn't look like something RPE can parse.
I used the URL in Poster and told it to do a get, and it comes back with the content below. It doesn't appear to be choking, but what it comes back doesn't look like something RPE can parse.
Comments
1 vote
showing 5 of 9
show 4 more comments