It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

upgrade 4.0.0 to 4.0.6 cas changing the address to RTC projects from /jazz context to /ccm context

Terry Roberts (1824) | asked Mar 13 '14, 12:32 a.m.
edited Mar 13 '14, 2:36 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103)
 I have updated JTS to 4.0.6 and when I go to the url https://<host>:9443/jts/admin it looks ok.
I check "about the server" option and it shows 4.0.6.

But where are all the JAZZ projects now ? formerly I used the url:
https://<host>:9443/jazz/web/projects

It looks like Jazz has been replaced with CCM, is that right ?  Do I need to manually copy the teamserver.properties from the old jazz directory to the CCM directory ?  Any document regrading this  step ?

Regards

Terry

2 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered Mar 13 '14, 2:35 a.m.
Hi Terry,
I don't think that your address for the projects should have been changed from jazz to ccm. What were the instructions you have used to upgrade your server?
Please use following instructions: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/roadmap_clm_upgrade.html if you have used different already.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 13 '14, 3:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Unless you fail to choose the correct setting in the install. In this case, you would have to go back to your backup, reinstall properly and do the upgrade again.

Terry Roberts commented Mar 13 '14, 4:27 a.m.

I used the silent install, it seems that in the silent-install-server.xml there is a setting to change the context root from ccm to jazz. I have tried changing that, and I also changed the installation directory to be a new one so I will have a fresh install. But the install script now doesn't seem to create a new. Backup of what ? the database ?

Terry Roberts commented Mar 13 '14, 5:18 a.m.
Forgetting to set the context root to be jazz is the cause of my issue. But how do I fix it now ? when I run the imcl script I can't seem to even make it install into a new package - this script is not looking at the database ? I think a database restore will not help. Will it ? 

Terry Roberts commented Mar 13 '14, 8:23 a.m. | edited Mar 13 '14, 8:51 a.m.

Forgetting to set the context root to be jazz is the cause of my issue. But how do I fix it now ? when I run the imcl script I can't seem to even make it install into a new package - this script is not looking at the database ? I think a database restore will not help. Will it ? 

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Mar 13 '14, 8:52 a.m.

As far as I know, repotools -update only adds new fields in database but does not modify existing ones. Therefore you would not need to do anything. @mandrew - could you confirm that?

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Mar 13 '14, 9:11 a.m.

Are you sure it's in the database and not only in config?

Are you using Websphere with IHS and IHS Plugin for WAS?

Often only the plugin-cfg.xml is wrong after upgrades, if the file is not secured by setting the read-only attribute. WAS application setup is often creating new plugin-cfg, which is not useable.

Comments
Terry Roberts commented Mar 13 '14, 9:19 a.m.

I am using tomcat. I ran the silent install script with default context-root value of ccm when  I should have changed it to jazz. I try to run the install script again, even tried  changing the installLocation, and removed /tmp/silent-install. But the install doesn't seem to do anything once it has already been installed. 

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 13 '14, 9:32 a.m.
  • You can not install into the same location. You have to install in a different one.
  • I am not completely sure what the upgrade script does. For one thing, it copies and merges the config files. It also upgrades the DB.
  • I am not sure you can run the upgrade scripts against a version that is already upgraded.
  • You can try to copy the index folders, the config files (into the right location based on jazz) and try to run against the upgraded DB's see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/BackupCLM for the files involved. You probably should review the config files and make sure there is no ccm in there.
  • You can restore the old version from the backup you made before the upgrade and do it again.

Terry Roberts commented Mar 13 '14, 10:06 a.m.
  • I managed to install into a different one, within the silent-install-server.xml I changed the profile id="TMP2" and everything seemed to install ok, jazz appears as the contextroot under Tomcat etc.
  • I ran the upgrade script and it seemed to work, it copies the properties for the JTS conf, but doesn't seem to copy properties from the jazz conf - so I copied them across myself. 
  • I see this error in the logs now:  CRJAZ1050E The version of the installed server does not match the version of the repository database.

Terry Roberts commented Mar 13 '14, 10:07 a.m.
  • I managed to install into a different one, within the silent-install-server.xml I changed the profile id="TMP2" and everything seemed to install ok, jazz appears as the contextroot under Tomcat etc.
  • I ran the upgrade script and it seemed to work, it copies the properties for the JTS conf, but doesn't seem to copy properties from the jazz conf - so I copied them across myself. 
  • I see this error in the logs now:  CRJAZ1050E The version of the installed server does not match the version of the repository database.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 13 '14, 11:28 a.m.

You need to run the upgrade tools for each tool. First JTS, then CCM. As you did not, the DB for CCM was not upgraded.

Terry Roberts commented Mar 13 '14, 11:52 p.m.

Yep, had to run upgrade script for CCM as well and fixed everything. 

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.