It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRJAZ1125I The configuration property value "Remove this property after fixing the database property values." is not valid for the property "db.vendor".

Albin Joseph (403610) | asked Jun 05 '13, 4:51 a.m.
Hi,

I was upgrading from RTC 2 to RTC 4. But the upgrade script failed at step 3 with the following error message

2013-06-05 13:55:22,372 CRJAZ1093I The following service class was not activated: "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService"
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1126I The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService" has some invalid configuration properties.
    CRJAZ1125I The configuration property value "Remove this property after fixing the database property values." is not valid for the property "db.vendor". CRJAZ0818I Unsupported or misconfigured database vendor "Remove this property after fixing the database property values." for the property "com.ibm.team.repository.db.vendor".  Check the server configuration. CRJAZ0818I Unsupported or misconfigured database vendor "Remove this property after fixing the database property values." for the property "com.ibm.team.repository.db.vendor".  Check the server configuration.

I checked the advanced properties section and couldnt find the property db.vendor.  I am not sure where else I should look.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

3 answers

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Jun 05 '13, 10:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 05 '13, 10:14 a.m.
The property com.ibm.team.repository.db.vendor is your database vendor. Typical values are DERBY, DB2, ORACLE, SQLSERVER, and similar. It looks like the value was hand-edited to be "Remove this property after fixing the database property values." which is what is causing the errors. I hope you know why the value was changed to an obviously bad value. However, you can correct the value several ways.

If your RTC 2 server is stopped, open the teamserver.properties file of the application. You'll find this file in the folder JazzInstallDir/server/conf/<applicationContextRoot> (for example, if your application's context root is jts and your server is installed in the folder JazzTeamServer, the file will be in JazzTeamServer/server/conf/jts). Look for the property com.ibm.team.repository.db.vendor and change it to an appropriate value. You also want to verify the other properties are correct. If you do not know what the correct values should be, then you may want to consult someone who does (most likely someone who knows why the database vendor has the value "Remove this property after fixing the database property values").

If your RTC 2 server is started,  visit the Setup Wizard for the application. (For example, If your application's context root is jazz, then visit https://host:port/jazz/setup). Use the Setup Wizard to configure your database correctly. Then you can shutdown the server and try upgrade again.

If your RTC 2 server is started, you can also access the property by going to the Server Administration page of your application, click on Database Connections in the sidebar, then edit the JDBC Vendor property. You may also want to verify the other properties are correct.

permanent link
Gail Burati (611) | answered Jun 05 '13, 1:39 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Albin Joseph -

Bo is correct about the property and values but I wanted to point out hat you can not upgrade directly from RTC2 to RTC4. You must first upgrade to RTC3. We recommend upgrading to the latest RTC 3.0.1 version which is  RTC 3.0.1.6. The upgrade from RTC2 to RTC3 involves separating out the JTS server, which will have its own database as well as the option to create a data warehouse database. Please see Upgrading to the Rational solution for CLM. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Gail

Comments
Gail Burati commented Jun 05 '13, 2:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

ps. Our 4.0.2 Info Center has additional information on the 2 step process of upgrading from RTC2 to RTC4 here: Upgrading from version 2 (two-step process)

permanent link
Albin Joseph (403610) | answered Jun 06 '13, 4:19 a.m.
Hi All,

Thank you for your reply. The value of property 'com.ibm.team.repository.db.vendor' in my server is DERBY.

com.ibm.team.repository.db.vendor=DERBY

Also my RTC 2 server is working without any issue. So I guess the database configuration is correct.

I am upgrading to RTC 3 now and once this upgrade is successful, I will upgrade to RTC 4.

Regards
-Albin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.