It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Quality Manager need to change Test Plan from unassigned to real test plan in TCER

steve Hill (634) | asked Mar 12 '14, 12:29 p.m.
 Running Quality Manager  Version 4.0.4.  QA forgot to set the test plan  when they began the TCER via the Run Test Case GUI. This causes the report to not find these "Unassigned" TCERs. How can we modify the test plan without just redoing the TCER?  Isee the Build have an edit if that was mis-typed but not on the Test Plan. 

One answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Mar 12 '14, 1:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Steve,

I don't think this field is changeable after it is generated.  I found a Request for Enhancement and a past forum post on this. 

RFE:
Enhancement 38534: Support to associate a Test Execution Record with a Test plan after it has been generated

Past forum post:
Associate executed TER's to test plan

Comments
steve Hill commented Mar 12 '14, 2:45 p.m.

Thank You Erica,  Hope they can bump the priority up a little on the enhancement since it was from 2010. 

James Paulus commented Mar 12 '14, 3:08 p.m.

That really doesn't solve the current problem that if the execution record has already been created, there is no way to associate the test plan. 

Erica Tran commented Mar 12 '14, 4:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Steve,

Since that Enhancement was closed, I suggest submitting a new one.  When you submit one here, it also automatically creates an enhancement work item.

IBM RFE Community

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.