It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Separate instances of RTC and RQM across different environments

Rahul Sharma (622) | asked Jan 05 '14, 10:08 p.m.
 If I have set up two instances of RQM and RTC in different environments - one instance is accessible to everyone and the other instance is only accessible to people who have the necessary security rights, therefore the instances are on different environments which will not have connectivity and talk back to each other as they are on different network domains.

Is it possible to extract out the defects which have been raised using RTC on the security environment, manually vet them and then upload them into the local accessible to all environment using an automated upload or does one have to manually enter the defects again in each instance?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 06 '14, 2:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Rahul,

as far as I can tell, you could potentially use the CSV sxport and import capabilities of RTC to get some of the data over. If there is no network connection possible, that is the only way I can imagine. If you have a network connection and the users of the internal environment can access the external environment as well, you could set up a friends relationship between the servers and the internal users could link their items to the external items on the other repository. This would avoid having to duplicate the data and be a much more scalable solution. If there is a network connection, it would even be possible to create a synchronization solution between both RTC servers - the effort to do so would be considerable though.

Comments
Rahul Sharma commented Jan 07 '14, 4:58 p.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your response. One follow up question, how does one actually do an export and import of a csv file from within RTC?

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 08 '14, 3:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The way I have been using it is the Eclipse client. File>Export>Team>Work Items and File>Import>Team>Work Items are the entry points. You can export (download) queries to CSV in the Web UI, but (as far as I know) you can not yet use this UI for importing.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.