It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy/Pasted graphics (jpg) into RRC's artifacts

Natsumi Yokoyama (209387101) | asked Mar 07 '14, 2:50 a.m.
edited Mar 07 '14, 2:57 a.m.
Hi,

Is it possible to copy&pasted graphic, such as a screenshot or other jpg, and to insert into the body of a text-based/ui artifact through ctrl+c/ctrl+v?
I tried this operation using RRC 4.0.4. I could not paste images into RRC's Rich Text artifacts.

According to the following defect, comment 12, RRC 4.0.1 allows pasting of the image data and uploads the data and creates a resource. 
https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=66253

My customer is going to deploy RRC and prepare for importing initial business requirements data into RRC. We are looking at efficient way to do this. I have already know RRC's feature to import word files. But my customer has lots of Excel files which defines requirements of user interface.

Thank you in advance.

Natsumi

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Mar 07 '14, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 fwiw, the way I work around this (in Chrome) is to set up my screen capture tool to always save screen captures as a file.  Then you can use the "Insert Image" button to browse to the image file, or perhaps quicker, drag/drop the image file to the document.  
Natsumi Yokoyama selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Natsumi Yokoyama commented Mar 11 '14, 2:59 a.m.

Thank you for  your advice. I did not know this operation.

One other answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Mar 07 '14, 5:40 a.m.
It is only possible for Firefox and Safari which supports processing the image data in the clipboard. If it is in IE and Chrome, it won't work. This is controlled by the browser itself. See the comment 8-11 in the workitem 66253.

You can save the image file and then insert to the artifact as a workaround.

Comments
Natsumi Yokoyama commented Mar 11 '14, 2:56 a.m. | edited Mar 11 '14, 2:58 a.m.

Thank you for your answer. :-)
According to the  comment 8-11, In 4.0.1 is  possible to do. I tried this operation using RRC 4.0.4 via Firefox. I could not paste images into RRC's Rich Text artifacts.
Do you know whether is it possible to do via RRC 4.0.6?

Natsumi Yokoyama commented Mar 11 '14, 5:10 a.m. | edited Mar 11 '14, 5:11 a.m.

I can paste click board image into Rich Text artifacts with Firefox 17 ESR & RRC 4.0.4.
At first, I could not do this. But I do not know why I could not do.. what I did is re install RRC add-on because of another error.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.