It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC word import

kameswari visarapu (121212) | asked Mar 19 '13, 6:42 a.m.
can i get any sample template for RRC word import?

Comments
Chase Patterson commented Mar 21 '13, 11:08 a.m.

Hey,

I do not believe I understand this question fully.  What do you mean by "sample template?"  Are you curious to understand what content the import wizard supports (i.e. image types, tables, lists, etc)?  Are you curious to know how it treats various objects (i.e. lists, headings) in word? 

Documents submitted to the word import wizard do not have to follow any particular form.  It is able to accept any rich text document in the following formats: .doc, .docx., .odt, .rtf.  There are noted limitations as far as what content it can correctly convert and import, however.  Those are noted by clicking or hovering over the "limitations" text in the appropriate wizard. 

A few links that give an overview of the import wizard follow in the next comment

Thanks

Rosa Naranjo commented Mar 22 '13, 10:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

kameswari,
was your question answered via the above comment? If so, please specify so we may close this post as answered.

kameswari visarapu commented Mar 25 '13, 2:28 a.m.

Hi,

Wanted to check if i can get a sample document to understand the best formatting that the tool supports for importing

Erica Tran commented Mar 26 '13, 4:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello,

It appears the links that Chase provided in a previous comment should have what you're looking for. One of them has a video of a sample import.  If you want to see the results of an actual import, I would suggest actually testing the import.  People have so many things in requirements documents they ususally develop documents based on their own needs and criteria.  If you do not have a RRC environment for testing, you could try creating a RM project in the sandbox and you can test the feature in the latest version.  If the results do not display what you expect, then you can modify the template, or report the issues you're running into. 

Sandbox on jazz.net
https://jazz.net/products/sandbox/

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.