It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC - how to list/report comments I created

Stephen Toop (11112223) | asked Apr 10 '13, 4:47 a.m.
Hi,

RRC 4.0.1

How would I get a list/report of all of the comments I created against artefacts/reviews in RRC?

I want to see what they all are and if they have all been actioned.

The "Recent Comments" widget only shows a subset of the comments I have raised over time.

Browse Artifacts doesn't give an option to search on comments.

Any tips?

Thanks
Stephen Toop

One answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Apr 10 '13, 10:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Stephen,

The "Recent Comments" should only show comments up to 14 days. And it will only show a max of the last 100.  If open an artifact and then look at the "Comments" section in the right information pane, there are more filtering capabilities there.  Does this help with your use case?

Comments
Stephen Toop commented Apr 10 '13, 3:37 p.m.

Erica,

Thanks for the response.

I was looking for a way to find all of the comments I have ever made across all artifacts. Limiting to 14 days, and then even the last 100 could well miss some comments.

Is there anything else we can do? 

Andrew Codrington commented Apr 10 '13, 5:02 p.m.

Two weeks or 100 comments is very limiting for a reviewer that may have contributed to several reviews of collections or (in 4.0.1) modules.

It makes it extremely difficult for them to confirm that their feedback has been appropriately addressed. As I understand this functionality in our 3.0.1.4 system they would need to open up every artifact individually and then use filtering in the Comments sidebar UI to find their own unresolved comments. There is no way for them to confirm "Are all of my comments addressed?" without a potentially huge effort.
The Comments UI for both folders and Collections only shows 'Recent Comments', not 'Comments'.

Is 4.0.1 any better for this?

Erica Tran commented Apr 11 '13, 1:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Stephen,
There is no way to display all comments you've made across all artifacts.  I tried seeing if there was an enhancement request like this submitted already, but didn't see one.  I'd suggest that you search as well, and if you don't see one, and would like to see this feature, please enter an enhancement work item.

Erica Tran commented Apr 11 '13, 1:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Andrew,

In regards to your question about modules, "recent" also means 14 days.  But while looking into this, I found the following info center topic about modules and comments. There is a note about modifying the comment duration period on the server in the fronting.properties server configuration file.  I have never tried this though.  Here's a link to the topic.

4.0.1 Information Center:  Adding comments to artifacts in a module
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_add_comments_modulefact.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.