It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Object modified hour is changed when creating a change set

Marinept Villalobos (472131) | asked Jul 19 '16, 8:58 a.m.
edited Jul 19 '16, 8:59 a.m.
Hello,
I experienced a particular situation when I was creating a change set in RTC Eclipse Client 5.0.2 with a group of objects.  Only one of these objects changed their modified hour, the others stayed with the same modified hour as seen on windows explorer.
 This happened as soon as I created the change set. The objects involved were scripts with .sql file extension. 

I compared the objects (both with RTC compare tool and WinMerge) before and after creating the change set and while there's not any visible changes, it says that the objects are completely different and the modified hour changed.

Any thoughts on what it could be happening?

Thanks for your attention.
Regards. 

Comments
Lily Wang commented Jul 20 '16, 4:55 a.m.

Is the problem happened to all .sql files? How about if a change set contains multiple .sql files? Any other file type has the issue?

Marinept Villalobos commented Jul 20 '16, 7:29 a.m.

@liwang it happened only with one sql file. It was a change set with more than 30 sql files. It has never happened with any other files of any type.

Lily Wang commented Jul 20 '16, 11:41 p.m.

Per my testing, the problem is happened when I copied a new .sql file from another directory to the sandbox and checked in the file. But I can not explain why it's happened.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.