It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Missing Master Test Plan in TER report

Reju George (613) | asked Feb 27 '14, 2:31 p.m.
  Hello all,
           We have this test case setup where we have a master test plan and then for each child test plan there is a corresponding test case. We just recently upgraded to RTC 4. Earlier when generating the Execution using TER count, we could see all the child test plans in the y axis and the corresponding TERs in the x axis as each of the TC had their execution records (1 or more). In version 3, we had to select each individual child test plans. The biggest advantage after moving to RTC 4, we see this option of Child/Master test plan where we only need to select the master test plan and then select "Yes" to this option. 
  1. However the problem that we are seeing is even after selecting this option, the child test plans are not being pulled into the report.
  2. So what we did was selected all the child test plans as well (as we used to do earlier) and generate the report again. This time we just see one horizontal row for all the test plans and it combines all the execution records which is not how we used to see in the earlier version of RQM. 
  3. The third issue we see is that after selecting all the child test plans and generate the report, there is a table below with the first column as Master Test Plan and the second column as Child Test Plan. We see that the Master Test Plan shows as Unassigned.

Can someone help in explaining whether this is any known issue or is there something different we need to do in the newer version ? 

Unfortunately, I cannot attach a screenshot as the forum states that I need reputation > 60.

Thanks

3 answers

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Feb 27 '14, 3:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Reju,

What is the exact version of RQM ? There was a defect in 4.0.3 related to BIRT reports with master/child plans which is fixed in 4.0.4 --https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=88102

-Vidya

permanent link
Reju George (613) | answered Feb 27 '14, 4:11 p.m.
 Appreciate your time in responding. The version is 4.0.3 (I20130517_2102). So looks like we need to upgrade, right ?

Thanks

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Feb 28 '14, 8:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Yes, I'd recommend upgrading to 4.0.4 or higher if this functionality is important to your users.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.