It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ID CRJAZ2654E error with sql database while JDBC connection

Ashwath G (6623550) | asked Feb 26 '14, 8:25 a.m.
 hi,

I am configuring CLM 4.0.3 with SQL server 2008 database. Followed the installation guide for setting up the database.

Installed SQL 2008 server with SQL mixed windows authentication and downloaded the sqljdbc4.jar file and set the system variable.

TCPIP is enabled and port number is checked (i.e 1433).

Created the databases for jts,ccm,qm,dw database through command line.
Created the user and associated the user with the database jtsDBuser->jts, ccmDBuser->ccm, qmDBuser->qm....
when iam registering the application, while connecting to the database through JDBC followed the below syntax

Verified the database properties and user properties , ensured that users are having db owner permission.
SQL database with JDBC connection

" /win-abceg6k76dr:1433;databaseName=jts;user=jtsDBuser;password={password} "

//any thing wrong in syntax or authentication ?

Below is the error ...

The configuration test resulted in errors. Resolve the errors to continue. For information about why the configuration did not pass the validity test and how to provide a valid configuration, see the other messages that are provided with this message. For more information, open the help and search for "Running the setup wizard".ID CRJAZ1579E hide details

The server was unable to connect to the database because the database connection syntax is invalid. Verify the syntax in your teamserver.properties file. See the Jazz Team Server log for more information.ID CRJAZ2654E

The server was unable to connect to the database because the database connection syntax is invalid. Verify the syntax in your teamserver.properties file. See the Jazz Team Server log for more information.ID CRJAZ2654E

Kindly guide us to resolve this.

Regards
Ashwath

4 answers

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Feb 26 '14, 8:42 a.m.
In the connection string you have just one leading slash:
/win-abceg6k76dr:1433;databaseName=jts;user=jtsDBuser;password={password}

I believe there are supposed to be two:
//win-abceg6k76dr:1433;databaseName=jts;user=jtsDBuser;password={password}

Comments
Kot T. commented Feb 26 '14, 1:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

In case the test connection still fails after correcting the connection string, I suggest to review jts.log to see if any specific db error code exists there.

I recently worked with a user who experiences the same error when testing connection to a SQLserver database. The error in jts.log shows DB error code: 08S01 which seems to indicate that the SQLserver is not configured to allow SSL connection:

CRJAZ2654E The server was unable to connect to the database because the database connection settings are invalid or because database is unreachable (SQLSTATE: 08S01, SQLCODE: 0). Verify the connection settings in your teamserver.properties file. See the Jazz Team Server log for more information.

I don't believe you have the same issue, but want to share for your info.

anatole farci commented Apr 18 '14, 1:38 p.m.

Hi Kot,

I'm trying to get RTC 4.0.3 to connect to SQL server 2008 via SSL/encrypt connection. So far, I only changed the teamserver.properties and inserted ";encrypt=yes" to the connection lines but didn't try different options. On my first attempt, I got the chain certificate error but the WAS (8.0.3) already has ALL the chained certificates especially the one mentioned in the CCM log. Just checking if you had success with SSL connection and what was the configuration value. I have configured other applications such as JIRA, Stash and ET using JTDS and JDBC on Tomcat and IIS but having some initial issues with RTC and WAS. 
If I figure this out, I'l post the answer as well.
Thanks 

permanent link
Ravikanth Chavali (401724) | answered Jan 08 '15, 5:51 p.m.
I had this issue fixed by checking the following and restarting my JTS server.

1. database server is "Ping"able
2. Check Firewall on DB; iptables (-L,-X,-F,-L )
3. Test connection to the DB using some client s/w.
4. Restart JTS/Jazz server.

permanent link
Kiran Nagara (10741823) | answered May 23 '15, 11:44 a.m.
Check DB password

permanent link
Rakesh S (39112) | answered Jun 18 '19, 5:33 a.m.

Hi ,
I had a similar issue while running the jts setup and configuring the SQL Server Database:

Observation in JTS Log:
- CRJAZ2654E The server was unable to connect to the database because the database connection settings are invalid or because database is unreachable (SQLSTATE: 08S01, SQLCODE: 0). Verify the connection settings in your teamserver.properties file. See the Jazz Team Server log for more information.
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host, port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection refused: no further information. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:234)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.ConvertConnectExceptionToSQLServerException(SQLServerException.java:285)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SocketFinder.findSocket(IOBuffer.java:2431)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.open(IOBuffer.java:656)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServer

Steps to resolve:
1)Make sure the Database User name and Password are correctly configured.
2)Check for the Port restrictions on the firewall and ensure that port 1433 is allowed
3)Check whether the hostname of the db is reachable.. if not for the hostname, try with the ipaddr of the db server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.