It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Two Different projects open on different servers

Cory Tanner (155) | asked Feb 25 '14, 3:01 p.m.

Does anyone know why I am getting this Error?

An SWT error has occurred.
You are recommended to exit the workbench.
Subsequent errors may happen and may terminate the workbench without
warning.
See the .log file for more details

I am working on RTC 4.0.5.  I have a sandbox environment for testing new projects and work items out.  This sandbox is on a totally different server from the real production area where we are allowing stakeholders to work.  When I have two windows open, one of them is pointed to the production area project and the other,the sandbox.

I all of the sudden started getting this error (stated above) and now everything that has been done around the error erases all work performed from the time I got the message to the time I try and save.  Can anyone tell me what is going on?

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Feb 25 '14, 3:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Cory,
are you on Linux? Is this forum entry describing your issue and offer a path to resolution (scroll down to latest answers)?
If this is helpful, please mark the answer as accepted.

Thanks,
Arne

Comments
Cory Tanner commented Feb 25 '14, 4:09 p.m.

Well, I found the workspace log file.  I have an interesting message that comes into the error log that says:

CRJAZ18871 The list of certificates available in the Windows-MY KeyStore could not be read.  If you'd like to access the certificates from that keystore, make sure that you are running with a JVM that supports reading from that keystore.

Then in the Exception Stack Trace it says:

Cause by: java.security.KeyStore Exception: Key Store Windows-My implementation.

Do you know what might be going on?

Cory Tanner commented Feb 25 '14, 4:10 p.m.

From the error message it shows that I am running on Windows.

Arne Bister commented Feb 25 '14, 5:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Cory,

please check this resolved task 172035 on RTC. It appears that in that case, the Eclipse client was started with an unsupported JVM rather than the JVM shipped with RTC Client.
Please also check this jazz forum entry regarding windows, RTC 3.0.1 also with the exact error message you are getting. Please check autoload of feeds, RTC project area names with "" or other special characteds in them in them.
If none of that helps, please open a defect on jazz.net against Rational Team Concert.

Incidently which RTC version are you running?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.